Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Wow it's Cold Again

Wow it's Cold Again


February 1, 2011

Last night before going to bed, almost midnight, the temperature was – 24 Centigrade. This morning, we have blue sky and sunny and the temperature went up to – 19 Centigrade.

Last night, I was able to call my sister in Tennessee. They said it was nice weather so they decided to rake the leaves. They are staying in an aunt’s place in MT. Juliet since the uncle died and she is alone. She told me the land is probably 15 acres with plenty of mature trees. I was trying to locate the place in Google Earth. In the evening, I called my sister in New York and finally got her. She was busy packing a Balikbayan box for pick up in the morning.

Sunday, I was able to talk with Wenric and family in Hawaii. They are all doing fine. Except the baby caught an intestinal flu and was throwing up.

Today, we went to the USPS and UPS to check some information about the cost of shipping a pair of skis to Switzerland. A cousin wrote to us that the pair of skis he wanted are all sold out already in Switzerland. He found one in a store in the US where they sell it. We just wrote an email to him. The USPS has a limit of 60 inches so no way. UPS will do it but very expensive 390 – 400 dollars. Plus he will have to pay to pay tax and customs fee there.

In the afternoon, we just walked around the block and then go to the mail box. It was so cold that I have to cover my face with the scarp. Ivano said he does not want to lose his nose.

Andreas worked half day and was here playing his game with a friend from Seattle.

Today, this morning was –26C.




No comments:

Post a Comment